Anglicising a name

Many people who come to live in the United Kingdom can experience difficulties with their original names especially if they are particularly difficult for British people to pronounce and spell.

Some find that the easiest thing to do is to abandon their original name altogether and change to something that is more common and easier for British people to use.

In such a situation it is also possible to rearrange or add names to the current one. For example, if somebody's surname was the 'difficult' one, they could take a new surname and use their previous surname as a middle name. This option allows people to maintain a link with their family name, and at the same time simplify everyday matters.

Other people choose to simply alter the spelling of their current name, making it easier to pronounce and therefore more convenient. This option favours those who do not want an entirely new name but are having difficulties with their current one.

No matter how you decide your name, it can be achieved through use of a Deed Poll. Once executed, a Deed Poll document can immediately start being used to update organisations of your change of name.

To change your name...

  1. Fill in our online application form
  2. Receive your Deed Poll in the post
  3. Sign and date your Deed Poll
  4. Update records into your new name

Start Here

We help thousands change their name and receive Excellent Feedback.

What Our Clients Say...

I didn't know your website existed so am pleased it came up when I googled a question about changing my name.

The process was so easy with very clear instructions. So much so that, one minute I was asking google a question and the next, my name was changed. Wow! Thank you.

There was even advice on who needed to be contacted following the name change. So impressive. The only comment I can give is, I didn't spot anywhere that told me I needed to get the deed signed and witnessed once I received it. I might have missed that if it's there though.

All in all, great service, so easy, no messing, brilliant!

Dawn Brooks, West Yorkshire. March 2015

More Testimonials

Our Deed Polls are accepted by all UK government departments including UK Passport Service, DVLA and HM Revenue and Customs

Request a Call Back

Apply online to change your name by Deed Poll! Find out how it works or call us on 0800 983 0143 for more information