Enrolling a Deed Poll

There is no central register of name changes in the United Kingdom, and no requirement to have a Deed Poll enrolled. In fact one can simply start using their Deed Poll document straightaway to have their records updated.

Having a Deed Poll enrolled is a voluntary procedure that allows one to have their name change made public. It involves additional costs and is therefore very rarely done.

When a Deed Poll is enrolled it is lodged for safe keeping in the Enrolment Books of the Supreme Court. This is situated within the Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand, London. Mandatory, when enrolling a Deed Poll is a notice for the London Gazette, a publication that evidences a change of name through the High Court. In short the notice would contain the following details:

Deed Polls enrolled at the Supreme Court remain there for five years after which they are transferred to the National Archives at Kew in Richmond, Surrey.

When the court enrolment fee and publication in the London Gazette have been taken into consideration the total cost of enrolment is approximately sixty pounds. Due to this further cost, the time delay in the whole name change process, and general inconvenience, very few people choose to have their name change enrolled.

To change your name...

  1. Fill in our online application form
  2. Receive your Deed Poll in the post
  3. Sign and date your Deed Poll
  4. Update records into your new name

Start Here

We help thousands change their name and receive Excellent Feedback.

What Our Clients Say...

I couldn't believe how quick, easy and affordable it was to change my name back to my maiden name even though I am not divorced. The easy to use form and instructions were great and within 2 weeks I had my new title and name.

I would definitely recommend this site to anyone I know who is wanting to change their title, name etc.

Thank you for making it so easy :)

Lyndsey Haughey, Hartlepool. December 2011

More Testimonials

Our Deed Polls are accepted by all UK government departments including UK Passport Service, DVLA and HM Revenue and Customs

Request a Call Back

Apply online to change your name by Deed Poll! Find out how it works or call us on 0800 983 0143 for more information