Terms and Conditions
The terms "us" or "we" refer to UK Deed Poll. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
If your Deed Poll bearing our official stamp is not accepted as evidence of your change of name by any United Kingdom company or organisation please contact us and you will receive a full refund. Firstly, however, we will speak to the organisation concerned and confirm the reason for the declination in order to get your Deed Poll accepted. On the rare occasion that clients experience problems, it is due to staff working in an organisation being unaware of what a Deed Poll is, but by speaking to them this problem can easily be overcome. We have never had to give a refund under our guarantee.
Exceptions to our guarantee
We will not issue a refund in the following cases:
- If you are not classed as a suitable applicant based on the criteria laid out on our eligibility pages.
- If your Deed Poll is not accepted by a government department, company or organisation outside the United Kingdom.
- If your Deed Poll for a child is not accepted because the record holder's parental content requirements have not been met.
- If your Deed Poll has not been correctly signed, dated and witnessed.
- If a record holder demands other documentary evidence that your name has been changed for "all purposes." For example, the UK Passport Service (and British Embassies and British High Commissions overseas) may require evidence that you are using your new name for all purposes by presenting them with two or three documents in your new name from other organisations. In addition, the General Medical Council and some financial institutions will want to see your passport in your new name before they alter their own records.
The documents that you cannot change are:
- Birth Certificate *
- Marriage Certificate
- Decree Absolute Certificate
- Past Educational Certificates
*Please note that there are certain circumstances when a birth certificate can be amended to show a new name. See birth certificate pages for further information.
Your right to cancel
Your right to cancel is restricted to the time from submitting your application to when we prepare your Deed Poll. This is in accordance with section 13.1.a of The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
If We make a Mistake
If we make a spelling mistake or any typographical error on your Deed Poll that is not due to us being incorrectly informed by you, notify us of the error and we will send you a corrected replacement Deed Poll immediately for no additional charge.
If You make a Mistake
We advise you to be very careful when completing your Deed Poll application and check for typographical errors such as spelling mistakes, wrong postcode etc. If you do make a mistake when giving us your information you will have to apply for a replacement document. To arrange this you should call our helpline on 0800 983 0143.
About Pobbles Limited
62 Walter Road, Swansea, SA1 4PT
Registered in England and Wales No. 6774118
VAT Registration Number: 120027284
To change your name...
- Fill in our online application form
- Receive your Deed Poll in the post
- Sign and date your Deed Poll
- Update records into your new name
We help thousands change their name and receive Excellent Feedback.