Foreign Nationals

Foreign nationals living in the United Kingdom can change their name by Deed Poll. This will be accepted as evidence of your name change and you will be able to have records changed into your new name.   

Before applying for a Deed Poll you should check with your country's high commission or embassy in London to see if a change of name by Deed Poll will be accepted to get your passport changed.  Some foreign embassies require their nationals to have a solicitor witness the signing of their Deed Poll in order for it to be accepted. If you are unable to get your passport changed it is inadvisable to proceed with a change of name by Deed Poll as the change of name must apply to ‘all purposes'. Continuing to get records changed into your new name with other organisations could lead to problems on these grounds.

Asylum seekers living in the United Kingdom

Asylum seekers living in the United Kingdom can apply for a Deed Poll which will allow them to get all documents and records changed into their new name. When filling in the application form, your nationality should be entered in the relevant section. Once executed, your Deed Poll will be accepted as proof of your name change by all organisations and departments. Their records of you will then be updated to show your new name.

Living abroad

If you are living outside the United Kingdom and are not a British citizen a Deed Poll issued by ourselves is unlikely to be accepted. If you would like to have your name changed on your passport you should make inquires about how to do so with a local government department, as the law differs greatly from country to country.

To change your name...

  1. Fill in our online application form
  2. Receive your Deed Poll in the post
  3. Sign and date your Deed Poll
  4. Update records into your new name

Start Here

We help thousands change their name and receive Excellent Feedback.

What Our Clients Say...

Thank you so much for the quick and efficient way that you handled my name change.

It was so much easier than I had expected! I found the supporting materials to be helpful, especially the sample letter!

Shirley Robins, Scotland. August 2013

More Testimonials

Our Deed Polls are accepted by all UK government departments including UK Passport Service, DVLA and HM Revenue and Customs

Request a Call Back

Apply online to change your name by Deed Poll! Find out how it works or call us on 0800 983 0143 for more information