A man may choose to take the surname of his wife on marriage

Although it is fairly unusual, it is possible to reverse tradition and for a man to take his wife's surname upon marriage. Couples sometimes do this in an effort to drive out the ‘sexist' practice of a woman taking her husband's surname.

The process for doing this is rather different to when a woman takes her husband's surname. When a woman takes her husbands surname, a copy of the marriage certificate is all that is required by organisations. However, in order for a man to officially change his surname to his wife's, he should execute a Deed Poll. This would then allow him to get all documents and records updated into his new name, without any problems or delays. Husband and wife can then be known by the same surname.

To change your name...

  1. Fill in our online application form
  2. Receive your Deed Poll in the post
  3. Sign and date your Deed Poll
  4. Update records into your new name

Start Here

We help thousands change their name and receive Excellent Feedback.

What Our Clients Say...

I, Timothy Masuku, and my family would like to say thank you very much for your fast service. It took us by surprise as we were not expecting it to be so quick.

Your service is excellent keep it up----again, thank you!

Timothy Masuku, West Yorkshire. Januaary 2012

More Testimonials

Our Deed Polls are accepted by all UK government departments including UK Passport Service, DVLA and HM Revenue and Customs

Request a Call Back

Apply online to change your name by Deed Poll! Find out how it works or call us on 0800 983 0143 for more information