Name change for transgender people

Transgender people often wish to change their name when they change their gender. For example, John Davies may wish to become known as Joanne Davies. A person may also like to change their title in which case Mr John Davies could become Miss Joanne Davies.

Both of the above mentioned name changes can be carried out by Deed Poll in the usual way. Once the document has been received and executed, organisations and departments that hold records should be notified of the name change. They can then update their records to show your new name.

When changing your forename to match your new gender you may wish to change other parts of your name. Whether you require a surname change, a middle name changed, or simply a change of spelling to one of your current names, these can be incorporated into your Deed Poll document.  If you would like to change both your name and title this must be indicated when filling in the application form for a Deed Poll.

To change your name...

  1. Fill in our online application form
  2. Receive your Deed Poll in the post
  3. Sign and date your Deed Poll
  4. Update records into your new name

Start Here

We help thousands change their name and receive Excellent Feedback.

What Our Clients Say...

Nice and easy. Arrived alot quicker than I expected.

Steven Horsburgh, Cornwall. April 2013

More Testimonials

Our Deed Polls are accepted by all UK government departments including UK Passport Service, DVLA and HM Revenue and Customs

Request a Call Back

Apply online to change your name by Deed Poll! Find out how it works or call us on 0800 983 0143 for more information